The Lazy Clock, South Street, St. Andrews
Situated in the oldest part of St Andrews, within a hundred yards of the ruins of St Andrews cathedral. This apartment forms the first floor of a seventeenth century sandstone house. The property has a comfortable and relaxed feel. The property offers a lounge with dining area and double sofa bed, separate Galley kitchen, modern family bathroom, one double bedroom and three twin bedrooms. There is a mains wired fire detection system. There is a large shared grassed garden to the rear of the property with garden furniture and BBQ. The town centre is right on your doorstep from the property.The medieval town of St Andrews offers a lot more than golf itself, with its historic buildings, university, colourful boutique shops, bars and restaurants, not to mention its magnificent award winning beaches, the town is a virtual treasure trove of attractions for tourists of all ages. If you want to experience St Andrews in quality and style then this property offers a unique opportunity for families and golfers alike. St Andrews Holiday Apartments is owned and managed by a born and bred St Andrean who knows and loves St Andrews and the East Neuk. I have over ten years of experience in letting holiday properties in the area and offer a comprehensive local knowledge to help you plan your perfect holiday, whether you are a family, golfing party or looking for a weekend break
The apartment has a comfortable and relaxed feel. There is a gas combi-boiler providing central heating and hot water. There is a mains wired fire detection system.
Lounge with dining area and double sofa bed. This is a well-appointed room with views over the garden grounds offering
Bright and spacious living room offering
Galley kitchen offering
Modern family bathroom with shower over the bath
The sleeping accommodation is as follows.
The property has a large shared garden offering
The St. Andrews links courses, beaches, parks, top restaurants, bars and attractions are only minutes’ walk from this property. Suitable for families and golfers alike.
Getting to St. Andrews
Arriving by train,
- Leuchars is the closest station. It is five miles away. there are normally taxis waiting and there is also a regular bus service to St. Andrews which runs in conjunction with the arrival of the trains.
Here are some links that you may find useful.
- To book a train go to www.thetrainline.com
- To book a taxi go to www.golfcitytaxis.co.uk
- To check on bus times go www.fifedirect.org.uk and check bus timetables from Leuchars Station
Arriving by car,
- From Edinburgh, head for the Forth Road Bridge , then join the M90 and stay on this road until junction 2A signposted Glenrothes,Kircaldy, this will take you on to the A92 where you can then follow the signs for St. Andrews.To view the route on-line go to www.theaa.com and put in Edinburgh to St. Andrews
- From Glasgow, leave Glasgow on the M8 and head for the Kincardine Bridge, once over the Kincardine Bridge take the A985 and head for Glenrothes,Kircaldy, this will take you on to the A92 where you can then follow the signs for St. Andrews.To view the route on-line go to www.theaa.com and put in Glasgow to St. Andrews
- From The North head to Dundee and cross the Tay Road Bridge, once over the bridge follow the signs for St. Andrews. To view the route on-line go to www.theaa.com and put in Dundee to St. Andrews
If you are using a satellite navigation system the postcode to enter is KY16 9QS
Change over days for The Lazy Clock
Variations do occur for changeover days, if you see something is available but cannot book it, then please contact the office, either by email or phone on email@example.com or 01334 828688. We will try to be as accommodating as we can.If booking a short break your arrival and departure days can vary. If your booking is within two weeks of your arrival date the restrictions below may be relaxed. Please use the information below as a guide line when booking The Lazy Quill
All short breaks are a minimum three nights.
March to July
- Friday and Monday changeovers with short breaks of three, four, five and six nights, for short breaks we do not allow Sunday as an arrival day. Changeovers for Graduation week will vary.
July and August
- Saturday changeover. Full weeks only. Changeovers for the week of the British Open 2015 may vary
August to November
- Friday and Monday changeovers with short breaks of three, four, five and six nights, for short breaks we do not allow Sunday as an arrival day. Changeovers for the weeks of the Dunhill Championship and the Ryder Cup may vary
November to February
- Any arrival day apart from Sunday. Any departure day. Changeovers for the weeks of Christmas and Hogmany may vary, as may any school half term break.
The Lazy Clock, South Street, St. Andrews
Situated in the oldest part of St Andrews, within a hundred yards of the ruins of St Andrews cathedral. This…
What our customers Say
This apartment is probably one of the nicest and most spacious places that we have stayed in St.Andrews. My family and I stay in St.Andrews for a week every year so we can spend quality time together, there’s a large number of us ranging in age from 2 to 75…
Excellent, spacious apartment, perfectly located close to the centre of St Andrews. Great enclosed garden perfect for Quick walk to the East Sands and walking distance from the Old Course and The West Sands. Great walks on the coast in both directions. Close to many pubs and restaurants. We had…
Wonderful trip. Great location, nice furnishings. Great communication, and easy check in.
We stayed here with four kids and the four large bedrooms provided enough space for everyone. The place is in an excellent location. It is clean, functional, and perfect for a family holiday. Our kids and dog enjoyed the large back garden – it was a nice spot to get…
Excellent accomodation for family to visit St. Andrews and Scotland. Hope be back sameday. Slainte;-)
Great location in St Andrews and the team were easy to communiate with. Would recommend it.