Carron Cottage, St. Andrews
2 twin bedrooms and one single bedroom, Sleeps 5 – full weeks and short breaks available
Situated on the western side of St Andrews and within a fifteen minute walk or five minute drive to the Famous Old Course. This beautifully presented single storey house sits in a quiet cull-de sac in a residential part of town. The property boasts a bright and spacious lounge with gas stove, a fully fitted kitchen with dining area and patio doors leading to large fully enclosed garden area with outdoor seating and grassed area. There are two twin bedrooms and one single bedroom. There is a bathroom with a shower enclosure. The property has off street parking for two cars to the front. The town centre is within easy walking distance from the property. There is a beautiful woodland walk called the Lade Braes which begins close to the property and takes you all the way into the centre of St Andrews.
The medieval town of St Andrews offers a lot more than golf itself, with its historic buildings, university, colourful boutique shops, bars and restaurants, not to mention its magnificent award winning beaches, the town is a virtual treasure trove of attractions for tourists of all ages. If you want to experience St Andrews in quality and style then this property offers a unique opportunity for families and golfers alike. Perfect for families, golfers and dog owners, with its fully enclosed garden over the summer holidays or for a winter getaway making the most of the gas stove.
St Andrews Holiday Apartments is owned and managed by a born and bred St Andrean who knows and loves St Andrews and the East Neuk. We have over fifteen years of experience in letting holiday properties in the area and offer a comprehensive local knowledge to help you plan your perfect holiday, whether you are a family, golfing party or looking for a weekend break.
Carron Cottage, St Andrews
Carron Cottage has been refurbished to the highest order with no detail overlooked and there are quality fittings and furnishings throughout. There is a gas combi-boiler providing central heating and hot water. There is a mains wired fire detection system and secure door entry system
The sleeping accommodation is as follows,
There is a large sunny fully enclosed garden to the rear of the house that can accessed through the patio doors that open fully in the kitchen.
The St. Andrews links courses, beaches, parks, top restaurants, bars and attractions are all within easy reach of the property. If you want to experience St. Andrews in quality and style then this property offers a unique opportunity for families and golfers alike
Getting to St. Andrews
Arriving by train,
• Leuchars is the closest station. It is five miles away. There are normally taxis waiting and there is also a regular bus service to St. Andrews which runs in conjunction with the arrival of the trains.
Here are some links that you may find useful.
• To book a train go to www.thetrainline.com
• To book a taxi go to www.golfcitytaxis.co.uk
• To check on bus times go www.fifedirect.org.uk and check bus timetables from Leuchars Station
Arriving by car,
• From Edinburgh, head for the Forth Road Bridge, then join the M90 and stay on this road until junction 2A sign posted Glenrothes, Kircaldy, this will take you on to the A92 where you can then follow the signs for St. Andrews. To view the route on-line go to www.theaa.com and put in Edinburgh to St. Andrews
• From Glasgow, leave Glasgow on the M8 and head for the Kincardine Bridge, once over the Kincardine Bridge take the A985 and head for Glenrothes, Kircaldy, this will take you on to the A92 where you can then follow the signs for St. Andrews. To view the route on-line go to www.theaa.com and put in Glasgow to St. Andrews
• From The North head to Dundee and cross the Tay Road Bridge, once over the bridge follow the signs for St. Andrews. To view the route on-line go to www.theaa.com and put in Dundee to St. Andrews
If you are using a satellite navigation system the postcode to enter is KY16 8QU
Change over days for Carron Cottage
Variations do occur for changeover days, if you see something is available but cannot book it, then please contact the office, either by email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01334 828688. We will try to be as accommodating as we can. If booking a short break your arrival and departure days can vary. If your booking is within two weeks of your arrival date the restrictions below may be relaxed. Please use the information below as a guide line when booking the property.
All short breaks are a minimum three nights.
March to July
• Friday and Monday changeovers with short breaks of three, four, five and six nights, for short breaks we do not allow Sunday as an arrival day. Changeovers for Graduation week will vary.
July and August
• Saturday changeover. Full weeks only. Changeovers for the week of the British Open 2015 may vary
August to November
• Friday and Monday changeovers with short breaks of three, four, five and six nights, for short breaks we do not allow Sunday as an arrival day. Changeovers for the weeks of the Dunhill Championship and the Ryder Cup may vary
November to February
• Any arrival day apart from Sunday. Any departure day. Changeovers for the weeks of Christmas and Hogmany may vary, as may any school half term break.
Carron Cottage, St. Andrews
What our customers Say
Very nice cottage
Lovely place and a truly professional communication
Quiet location, clean house, great amenities, easy check in and out. Just what I was looking forward to!
Stevens place is located on the outskirts of St Andrews (30min walk to town centre) it’s located in a very quiet and peaceful cul de sac. The house is very well equipped with everything you need for cooking, pots pans, knifes (Website hidden by Airbnb) even has mint growing in…
Carron place was clean and well equipped, our dog loved the garden. The house is reasonably close to the centre of St Andrews. You can walk in but easier and quicker by car or bus. Parking in St. Andrews was good. The area is beautiful miles of clean beaches and…
Great garden, pet friendly. Quiet neighbourhood with friendly neighbours. Good kitchen. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay
We visited here a few days ago. It was fresh and clean and well equipped. We would have no qualms about the cleanliness at all. It was spotless.
Great spot for us three gents on a golf trip to St Andrews. 5 min drive from St Andrews, 10 to Kings Barn, and 30min quaint walk to town. Clean pad, backyard patio set was nice to sit outside. Comfortable beds, good shower pressure, good sized eating and lounging area.…
Lovely, clean holiday house. Only downside was I thought the kitchen chairs could do with a bit of a makeover. Garden was lovely to sit out in with good garden furniture. Location is excellent. Weather was also fantastic.
Beautiful, well equipped, comfortable house in a quiet and convenient location. We will be back.
Very comfortable and welcoming house. Ideal for dog owners as very close to beautiful lade braes walk. Booking process very easy and owners very friendly and helpful. Lovely spacious living/kitchen area with patio doors to private garden.
The accommodation was very clean, comfortable and well equipped. Would definitely stay there again and recommend it. Thank you.
I had a lovely stay at Steven’s place with my two children. The house was cosy and Steven even put up the Christmas tree for us arriving, as we stayed over Christmas. The house was fully equipped with everything one needs. It’s location was secluded with no noise from passing…
Lovely house in a great, quiet location. Easy walking distance to town.
ouse was clean and situated in a very quiet residential area, it had everything needed to enjoy the stay Enjoyed the woodland walk into St andrews ( about half an hour into centre of St Andrews)
Excellent holiday house. Perfect size for our group of 5. Location was great, 5 min car journey into town. Ideal for our golfing weekend!
Carron Cottage is a neat and modern detached house with all necessary equipment for a comfortable stay and conveniently placed for access to nearby supermarket and a walk or short drive to the Town Centre itself. Plenty off road parking and an enclosed rear garden with patio set which is…
This house suited us perfectly as every room had twin beds. The quality of everything in the kitchen down to the feather quilts was excellent and the arrangements and info at the rental could not have been easier.
Excellent family holiday accommodation! Great amenities with a really homely feel. Would definitely book again!