Sandyhill Cottage, Sandyhill Road, St. Andrews
Situated on the south eastern side of St Andrews and within a fifteen minute walk or five minute drive to the Famous Old Course. This beautifully presented two storey house sits in a quiet residential part of town. The property is set over two floors. The ground floor boasts a bright and spacious lounge with dining table for six, a fully fitted kitchen leading to large decked garden area with outdoor seating and summer house. One double bedroom and a W.C. On the second floor there are two double bedrooms and a modern bathroom with a shower enclosure. The property has off street parking for three cars to the side. The East Sands beach and St. Andrews Harbour are situated a short walk away and the town centre is within easy walking distance. The medieval town of St Andrews offers a lot more than golf itself, with its historic buildings, university, colourful boutique shops, bars and restaurants, not to mention its magnificent award winning beaches, the town is a virtual treasure trove of attractions for tourists of all ages. If you want to experience St Andrews in quality and style then this property offers a unique opportunity for families and golfers alike. Perfect for families and golfers over the summer holidays or for a winter getaway. St Andrews Holiday Apartments is owned and managed by a born and bred St Andrean who knows and loves St Andrews and the East Neuk. I have over ten years of experience in letting holiday properties in the area and offer a comprehensive local knowledge to help you plan your perfect holiday, whether you are a family, golfing party or looking for a weekend break.
Sandyhill Cottage has been refurbished to a high standard with no detail overlooked and there are quality fittings and furnishings throughout. There is a gas combi-boiler providing central heating and hot water. There are smoke detectors and secure door entry system.
Spacious sunny living room including
Fully fitted kitchen area leading to large decked garden area with outdoor seating and summer house.
There is a family bathroom with shower enclosure on the second floor and a W.C on the ground floor.
The sleeping accommodation is as follows,
There is a large sunny decked and paved garden to the rear of the house.
The St. Andrews links courses, beaches, parks, top restaurants, bars and attractions are all within easy reach of the property. If you want to experience St. Andrews in quality and style then this property offers a unique opportunity for families and golfers alike
Getting to St. Andrews
Arriving by train,
- Leuchars is the closest station. It is five miles away. There are normally taxis waiting and there is also a regular bus service to St. Andrews which runs in conjunction with the arrival of the trains.
Here are some links that you may find useful.
- To book a train go to www.thetrainline.com
- To book a taxi go to www.golfcitytaxis.co.uk
- To check on bus times go www.fifedirect.org.uk and check bus timetables from Leuchars Station
Arriving by car,
- From Edinburgh, head for the Forth Road Bridge, then join the M90 and stay on this road until junction 2A sign posted Glenrothes, Kircaldy, this will take you on to the A92 where you can then follow the signs for St. Andrews. To view the route on-line go to www.theaa.com and put in Edinburgh to St. Andrews
- From Glasgow, leave Glasgow on the M8 and head for the Kincardine Bridge, once over the Kincardine Bridge take the A985 and head for Glenrothes, Kircaldy, this will take you on to the A92 where you can then follow the signs for St. Andrews. To view the route on-line go to www.theaa.com and put in Glasgow to St. Andrews
- From The North head to Dundee and cross the Tay Road Bridge, once over the bridge follow the signs for St. Andrews. To view the route on-line go to www.theaa.com and put in Dundee to St. Andrews
If you are using a satellite navigation system the postcode to enter is KY16 8EG
Change over days for Sandyhill Cottage
Variations do occur for changeover days, if you see something is available but cannot book it, then please contact the office, either by email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01334 828688. We will try to be as accommodating as we can. If booking a short break your arrival and departure days can vary. If your booking is within two weeks of your arrival date the restrictions below may be relaxed. Please use the information below as a guide line when booking the property.
All short breaks are a minimum three nights.
March to July
- Friday and Monday changeovers with short breaks of three, four, five and six nights, for short breaks we do not allow Sunday as an arrival day. Changeovers for Graduation week will vary.
July and August
- Saturday changeover. Full weeks only. Changeovers for the week of the British Open 2015 may vary
August to November
- Friday and Monday changeovers with short breaks of three, four, five and six nights, for short breaks we do not allow Sunday as an arrival day. Changeovers for the weeks of the Dunhill Championship and the Ryder Cup may vary
November to February
- Any arrival day apart from Sunday. Any departure day. Changeovers for the weeks of Christmas and Hogmany may vary, as may any school half term break.
Sandyhill Cottage, St. Andrews
Situated on the south eastern side of St Andrews and within a fifteen minute walk or five minute drive to…
What our customers Say
Exactly as described. Great value, good location and brilliant communication from the host. Will use again.
We have just returned from Sandyhill Cottage after a long weekend both playing and watching the Golf. Hotel prices for 4 golfers requiring single rooms were eye watering so we opted for this well located cottage minutes from the town centre and all the wonderful restaurants and bars. The cottage…
Nice place to stay. It was very clean and the perfect place for four people. The value was amazing considering the close location to downtown and how pricey hotels are in the area. We will definitely book again when my parents come back into town.